Since its launch in 2019, Apex Legends is one of the widespread battle royale games. Developed by Respawn Entertainment and published by Electronic Art. The game is extremely one of the most competitive multiplayer games out here, with Warzone and Fortnite.
The game is currently available on platforms like PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Steam for PC, Nintendo Switch, EA App, iOS, and Android. So, regardless of what platform you are playing on, the game is going to be available for sure.
As you know, you can play battle royale games online with random people, but this category of battle royale game is always best if you play with friends.
So, we will go through the guide to learn more about how you can play cross-platform in Apex Legends and how the cross-progression in Apex Legends works if the game allows you to play crossplay.
Is Apex Legends Cross Platform?
Yes, Apex Legends supports cross-play, and you can play with each other if you are playing from Xbox, PS5, PS4, Switch, or PC. Everyone can enjoy the Apex experience just by creating an EA public ID which I am going to tell you about later on in this guide.
You have to make sure that you have already added your friends so that they can be invited to your Apex Legends lobbies.
So, for mobile users, the game is not yet supported you to play crossplay with the console or PC users, and some of the heroes are also not available in the mobile version of the game as well. The game itself is a separate product for the mobile version too.
And when it comes to matchmaking, there are some things you should know first. In case a party has a plurality of players from PC only, then they will be matched against the PC players only, and if the players are mostly console players, then they will face the console players only.
In case of an equal number of players or mixed parties, the matchmaking will always match you against the PC player lobbies.
Lastly, some basics for you guys:
- If you see a PC icon, it means that the player is playing from their PC.
- If you see a gamepad icon, it means the player is from the console.
- PlayStation and Xbox users will be displayed as the gamepad icon and the Xbox symbol, respectively.
- Is gta cross platform
- Is halo infinite cross platform
- Is call of duty modern warfare 2 cross platform
What About Apex Cross-Progression?
You may have noticed that the official page of Electronic Arts already told us that Respawn is not going to add any cross-progression anytime soon.
So, if you just have finished your gaming hours on your gaming PC and want to start on the console to get some relaxing sitting posture, it will not be able to happen as the game is not going to support you in this regard.
Your cosmetics and progress will remain on one account only, which would be either of PC or console. The developer told us that they made these changes to maintain the integrity of Apex ranked mode.
So that’s a piece of bad news for all the players playing Apex Legends, especially those who are more comfortable playing from their choice of gaming platform to aim better and to enhance their gameplay in the competitive scene.
How To Enable And Add Cross-Platform Friends In Apex Legends
Crossplay is enabled by default in Apex Legends, but in case you have already turned it off, here is the way how you can turn it on again:
- Open Apex Legends and open the main menu.
- Open up the settings menu by pressing the main button.
- Now go to the Gameplay tab and go to the Cross-Platform Play settings.
- Toggle the option to enable it again.
- That’s all you need
Now If you wanted to play Apex Legend with your friends, you need to add the friends first for the invitation, and for this, your friend needs to have an EA Public ID.
- Go to your friends’ list and then select “Find Friend”
- To see your friend’s name in the list, you need to type the friend’s username here.
- Now you will see the username or gaming ID of your friend while it will also show on which platform the account is playing. Click ‘Send Friend Request’
- In case you are facing misfortune in finding the username of your friend, you may need to update the EA privacy settings via the EA’s official website first.
- If your friend has accepted the request, you are friends now and able to play Apex Legends across different platforms easily together.
- Also, make sure that you have changed the settings in the privacy settings to Allow users to search for me by email address, PSN ID, Xbox Live Gamertag, or Switch Nickname as well.
Is Crossplay Enabled For Apex Mobile?
Unfortunately, there are no crossplay options available to the players playing from their mobile phone devices. You can still play from different mobile operating systems like iOS or Android, but the mobile doesn’t support crossplay between the console and PC.
Even though the mobile version of Apex Legends is not at its full potential as well as the desktop version, some heroes have been not present in the mobile version too.
So I think that’s cleared up everything in your mind, but you guys can still enjoy the game on your mobile phone and can play with your friends on the mobile version as well.
Likewise, you can check their official FAQ page as well for more details.
That’s all for today I think this guide is helpful to you in understanding the whole Apex Legends crossplay and cross-progression details. Make sure to bookmark this page for future reference as well!